Since I eventually want to run for office once day (I do not know what office I would want to run for, I just know I want to run, locally) I thought it would be helpful for potential voters to know what I have actually read and what has influenced me.
This list is by no means comprehensive but does cover the most influential works.
So I guess I should say that if I read the entire Communist Manifesto I wouldn't put that up on here, because that would suggest, according to the intents of this blog post, that it influenced me in some way.
(By the way, even if I did post that I read the Communist Manifesto it would influence me so far as to not implement Communist ideas into our laws. They would compel me to get whatever resembles Communist thought or legislation in our current system abolished)
Here is the list:
1. The Alpha Strategy
2. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism
3. Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse
4. An Introduction to Economic Reasoning
5. Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, The Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts will make things worse
6. End the Fed
7. Inherit the Earth
8. Honest Money
9. Mises on Money
10. Economics in One Lesson
1. Is Jesus Coming Soon?
2. Cambridge Companion to St. Paul
3. Habits of the Mind: Intellectual Life as a Christian Calling
4. Logical Defense of the Faith (Booklet)
5. Paul the Jewish Theologian
6. Restoring the Jewishness of the Gospel: A Message for Christians
7. 101 Questions & Answers on The Prophets of Israel
8. Introduction to the Prophets
9. The Case for Christ
Chapters from Books
1. The Socialist Tradition: Moses to Lenin, The Jewish-Christian Traditions
2. Pagan Christianity
3. Applied Economics, The Economics of Medical Care
4. Liberal Fascism, Liberal Racism: The Eugenic Ghost in the Fascist Machine
5.Puritan Economic Experiments
6. The Housing Boom and Bust
7. Jesus The Pharisee
8. Lessons for the Young Economist
1. Imagine an Occupied America - Ron Paul
2. The Austrians Were Right - Ron Paul
3. What Do Our Tax Dollars Pay For?
4. Iran's Fist is Clenched for a Reason
5. The Mindset That Got Us Into War Is Alive and Well
6. The Antiwar Republican
7. 100 Years of Medical Fascism
8. A Strategy for the Right
This post was updated on 12/12/11.
Post a Comment