Someone gave me a really nice compliment today.
They said I would have really "deep-thinking children" that "won't take things at face value."
That's the plan man.
And that's why marrying the right woman is so important. The woman I choose has to be down with it. She cannot retard progress or be lazy. I screen for this in the dating process.
I don't want to raise humans with malformed minds. I do not trust private school or public school with my children's minds. We're going to educate them ourselves.
I estimate that I have around 1,000-2,000 books in my library. I've only read about 25-27 books this year. I'm really behind with my goal of 52 books in 2021 but more important things interrupted me. But I'm curating a list of books I want my family and friends to read -- books that should be read a least twice and internalized.
I want my children to be beneficiaries of my personal teaching and guidance and inherit my ever-growing library.
She doesn't have to have my extraordinary reading goals. But one of the things she has to be about is educating our kids.
- Biblical Theology: How the Church Faithfully Teaches the Gospel by Nick Roark & Robert Cline
- The Household and the War for The Cosmos by C.R. Wiley
- Sermon on the Mount by Scot McKnight
- The Case for Patriarchy by Timothy J. Gordon
- Living in a Godly Marriage by Joel R. Beeke
- Manifested in the Flesh by Joel McDurmon
- Sinful Speech by John Flavel
- Evangelism: How the Whole Church Speaks of Jesus by J. Mack Stiles
- A Christian's Pocket Guide to Loving the Old Testament by J. Alec Moyter
- The Nomadic Wealth Formula: A Blueprint for Generating Predictable and Sustainable Income from Anywhere on Earth by Jason Stapleton
- Man of the House by C.R. Wiley
- Thoughts on Family Worship by James Waddel Alexander
- How Should Men Lead Their Families by Joel R. Beeke
- The Case of the Hopeless Marriage: A Nouthetic Counseling Case from Beginning to End by Jay E. Adams
- Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson
- Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism by Robert P. Murphy
- Meltdown: A Free Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse by Thomas E. Woods
- End the Fed by Ron Paul